To donate items, you can bring them to the shelter at any time.
If you come during our open hours, you can come in the front doors and let the front desk staff know that you are there to drop off a donation and they can direct you.
If you’d rather not come in the building, or come when we are closed, we have a contactless donation box on the outside of the building that is covered and checked by staff throughout the day.
Thank you for thinking of the shelter!
SUPPLIES AND SERVICES
When you clean out your closets save your old blankets and towels for us. We can use them to make our dogs more comfortable!
- Canned or soft dog food, cream cheese, creamy-style peanut butter, and soft or chewy dog treats. For scout troops or classes interested in baking home-made dog treats, please choose from one of these recipes.
- Larger bath towels and beach towels are great, but not face cloths or hand towels.
- Blankets & comforters of any size.
- Dog beds, crates, pet carriers, grooming tools, collars, leashes, or any other dog related items.
- We love durable toys like kongs and nylabones, puzzle toys, and larger balls.
- Pet medication that you no longer need.
Additionally, we have a free pet food pantry for dogs (& cats) in our community, and will gladly accept donations of dry, moist, or canned pet food and treats, including openned bags.
We will always appreciate donations for our enrichment program!
- Spices: thyme, sage, nutmeg, and dill.
- Essential Oils: peppermint, lemon, eucalyptus, clary sage and chamomile.
- Miscellaneous: paper towel rolls, newspaper, brown paper bags, paper Dixie cups, and bubbles.
WE DO NOT NEED donations of any of the following items:
Plastic dog bowls, cat toys, treats, etc., fitted bed sheets, hand towels, face cloths, bath mats, rugs, crocheted afghans, rawhide chews, tethers or tie outs, choke chain or prong collars, or retractable leashes.
Check out our Amazon Wishlist!
Toys and Kongs are always appreciated. Spending day after day in a cage can be really boring. Dogs love toys to break up the monotony & amuse them at playtime. Durable, interactive toys, like Kongs are great!